I’ve done the New Years goals, the reviews, the “words”, and the declutters. I honestly love all of them, but my favorite is starting with giving gratitude. Specifically, taking a few seconds to say Thank You.
This is SO simple but incredibly powerful.
Here’s the simple challenge: send 5 “thank you” text messages. Here are some ideas for you:
1. A spiritual Leader such as a Pastor, Priest, Youth Leader or Life Group leader.
(Dear Pastor, thank you for giving so much. I am so grateful for every way you’ve lead me to Jesus this year and am committing to our church family in a new way this year. Happy New Year!)
2. A friend who added joy and light to your life. (Happy New Year! Just wanted to say I’m so grateful for your friendship! I feel replenished by your kindness.)
3. Someone who modeled resiliency to you. (Think through someone who walked through a death, job setback, marriage trial, or just a hard year)
(Hello, this may seem random but I wanted to say thank you for modeling resiliency this year. My heart has wept with you and I want to say thank you for trusting me with your feelings in such a hard season. You are not alone as we move into this new year.)
4. Someone who contributed financially to you. (A parent, employer, friend, etc.)
(Hi Mom! I wanted to send a quick, yet genuine, thank you for helping me with rent. Your generosity has not been overlooked.)
5. Someone you’re proud of.
(Hello! I just wanted to take a second to let you know I’m really proud of you! I’ve watched you consistently post about your workouts on social and your consistency has really blessed me!)
Yep. That’s it. No fancy journal or list of questions, just five texts from the phone you probably are already holding.
They can be long and elaborate or a short one sentence. It does something for your heart to look out before looking in.
Happy New Year! Abby
* Don’t forget… The Cirkles are cheering you on!